Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Destination: San Francisco


Another fun adventure was had by us today. We let the kids bring a friend and off we went to San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf. We crossed the Bay Bridge and glimpsed the City....the above is one of my favorite views into the City. It is almost like magic...after you drive through the tunnel on Treasure Island, you emerge to the above gorgeous view. You can imagine all the fun adventures awaiting you in the magical city of San Francisco. Tonight we only had one destination, one adventure waiting for us....
We took the kids to the Rainforest Cafe on Fisherman's Wharf for dinner. We arrived early hoping for a short wait, they are notorious for waits of an hour or more. Luckily, we only had a half an hour wait....perfect!! It allowed us to get acquainted with some jungle friends....
Here was my favorite...his name is Freddy. He was a friendly amphibian...look at the lovely smile on his reptilian face.

This fine gentlemen here is Herman. He was very friendly, a little too friendly you might say. When the boys approached him he blinked his eyes and moved his arms towards them. The boys jumped about as high as Freddy jumps. Poor Herman, he was only trying make friends with them. I felt kind of sorry for him.
This is Penelope. She was not very friendly unfortunately. Of course I don't think I would be very friendly either if I was her. Imagine having to perch on an imaginary branch 24/7....it is enough to give any girlfriend a headache...just look at her, she has migraine written all over her face, look at her eyes.
This fine little chap is Frankie. He was very friendly as you can see by his soft gentle expression. Look at those eyes, so peaceful, so kind. He was so enamored of the boys that he had to show it. He lifted his trunk to show them a huge smile....the boys were not quite sure what Frankie's intentions were so unfortunately they jumped back in horror and hurt poor Frankie's feelings. Poor little guy, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Luckily his mom was right there next to him and comforted him as only a mother can!

Look in the trees...see those two guys....they are Milton and Horatio. They are two wild and crazy blokes. In fact I was leery of getting too close to them....look at that devilish smile on Milton's face. I wisely kept my distance!
The fish.....such peacefulness....watching the fish lazily swim...the bubbles floating to the surface...the beautiful colors of the tropical fish....I could watch them for hours...in fact I did because our 30 minute wait promptly turned into an hour and a half wait!!
Luckily I had this to watch. It kept my blood pressure and my sanity in check....I kept my serenity!!
Finally, we were seated. And look where we were seated, right next to my Serene Place, My Happy Place!! Wonderful! We ordered our meals.....ate our real food in great anticipation for dessert because a trip to the Rainforest Cafe would not be complete without a .....
...VOLCANO!! The above delectable dessert is called a volcano and consists of ice cream, brownies, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, and whipped cream....YUMMY!!! It is huge...we all shared it, we all loved it...we demolished it.
This is all that remained of the VOLCANO!! It erupted, it flowed, it is now on my hips!!
We drove home over the Golden Gate Bridge....I tried to get pictures but it was dark and rainy and the pictures didn't come out. We drove over 3 bridges today and only payed one toll!!
Another great adventure....stayed tuned for more....we take lots of day trips during the Holiday Break every year...we will actually do something every day after our daily chores are done!!
A quick announcement before I complete this post....there will not be a Friday Funny Post tomorrow....I am saving it for the Fun Monday Post on Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We went to San Fransisco when I was little as my uncle lived there. I can remember the bridges (bay and golden gate) and I remember Chinatown and the smell of fish everywhere. I can also remember being petrified the entire time that an earthquake was going to happen at any second. I think I was 10. NLM and I went again several years ago, and it was pretty fun. Very interesting city. Nekked Lizards

suchsimplepleasures said...

you are so lucky, to live in such a wonderful state. michigan sucks but...we do have a rainforest cafe!
xoxo

suchsimplepleasures said...

hey there...btw...TAG...go pick up the meme that I had to do...now it's your turn. on the good ol' blog.
have fun!