Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 3, 2007

A Day In The Life....



There are many people in my life that I see or speak to infrequently. These are people who I deeply care about, but life gets in the way of visits and/or phone calls. Yet, when I do see or speak to these special people inevidantly the question is raised "What is new with you?". Almost always my answer is "Not much." Then I have to stop and think....if not much is new, why am I so tired, and why don't I have the time to call, visit, have coffee with, these people I care about so much. So, I figured out the reason why, and now I am going to share it with you because I know you are just dying to find out!! Here is A Day In My Life....this is today....Monday, December 3. I worked today....

6:00 - my alarm goes off. Although the clock says 6, actual time is 5:45. I just can't stand the thought of a 5 being the first number when the alarm goes off.

6:20 - I roll out of bed after hitting the snooze 3 times....Note: actual time is not 6:20, see above....hit the shower.

6:20 - Actual time now...after shower I am able to face reality...get dressed, make bed, wake up children.

6:30 - 7:25 - take laundry out of dryer, put laundry from washer in dryer, dump laundry on bed, make kid's lunches, make kid's breakfasts, tell children 10 times that breakfast is ready, empty dishwasher, have a cup of tea and bowl of cereal, makeup, hair, fold laundry dumped on bed earlier, remind children to brush teeth (repeat 6 times), leave the house with children in tow and hope their teeth are clean!!

7:30 - drop of children at school, breath a sigh of relief, drive to work

8:00 - 11:00 - clean a bunch of dirty teeth - I am a Dental Hygienist - talk to people who can't talk back, ask a bunch of questions and try to interperate the poor victim's, I mean patient's, answers

11:00 - thank the Dental Gods that my patient before lunch cancelled and leave for a 2 hour lunch.

11:00 - 1:00 - go to vets and pick up older dog's medication, older dog's food, puppy's records so he can start obedience school (sorely needed), go to pet store and pick up puppy's food, nametag and treats for parent's dog, drop off nametag and treats and parent's house, go home, take laundry out of dryer, dump on bed, put laundry from washer in dryer, eat lunch, check email, submit title for Pioneer Woman's Give That Photo a Name Contest (most important thing accomplished today!!), fold laundry dumped on bed, brush teeth, go back to work

1:00 - 4:00 - clean a bunch more dirty teeth, talk to my captive audiences, annoy my coworkers a bit

4:00 - tell my sweet husband to drop off my sweet daughter at my work before her orthodontist appointment so I can clean her teeth....can't have a Dental Hygienist's daughter go to a colleague's office with disgusting teeth....quickly clean all the crap off sweet daughter's teeth while lecturing her on the importance of good dental hygiene and not embarrasing her mother (gotta love the captive audience bit of my job!!), send her upstairs with clean teeth!!

5:00 - come home to the age old question - "What's for dinner?" answer with the age old answer - "What are you making?", fight with my sweet little son about doing his homework, sign and read the foot high stack of papers that come home EVERY Monday, fight with son a bit more about doing homework, cajole my darling husband into making dinner, fold load of laundry that is in the dryer (after dumping it on my bed)

6:00 - eat dinner lovingly prepared by my husband (blueberry pancakes!!), vacuum family room, supervise son cleaning his room, tell daughter to finish homework and clean room (repeat 5 times), decide that my day is done

7:00 - make a cup of coffee and sit down to write this blog.

Whew...no wonder I am so tired right now...it was exhausting writing this...so this is why I have a hard time getting together with all the people I care about....I am too busy chasing my tail and yelling at my kids!!

1 comment:

suchsimplepleasures said...

minus the dental hygienist part...same life! wake up, switch loads of laundry, drive here and there, fold laundry, pick up kid, homework with other kids, fight about dinner, blog in between all that, blog at night...go to bed feeling like i've been beaten up...exhausted! wake up...repeat...like i said, time space continuum! glad to see that i'm not stuck in it, alone!