Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Our adoption journey, Part 5

To get caught up please visit the following: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4Apparently I had Mommy Intuition before I even became a Mommy!!

The next day I was at work when I recieved a phone call. It was from our Attorney. K had indeed been in labor the day before and she had given birth to a healthy baby boy early in the morning. I was not surprised....my heart was racing....

"Unfortunately", my Attorney continues, "She has changed her mind about the adoption."

Surprisingly, I was not shocked to hear this. My heart was telling me this the previous day while I was on the phone with her. My heart was telling when I was relaying our conversation to my husband. My heart had been telling me this ever since our phone conversation ended. I knew this would happen.

"What do we do now?" I asked our Attorney.

"What do we do now?" I asked God. "You showed us this path. How many curves will it take?"

Our Attorney advised us to wait. Perhaps she will change her mind again. She did just go through labor and childbirth. She is only 17 years old. Anything could happen.

I call Dave and give him the news. He is not surprised either. Perhaps his Daddy Intuition was giving him the same message. We both stay at work this time and meet up at home that night. We comfort each other, we cry in each others' arms, we grow ever closer through our mutual pain. We provide ourselves with another chink of cement for our marriage. We wait for more news. Deep down in our hearts we know our journey is just beginning. We know our journey will end with a beautiful baby to hold, to love, to cherish. Not knowing the details is the hardest part....When? Who? How?

The next day we receive more information. K has decided to parent her baby. She is very sorry to put us through this. She does not want to talk to us at all.

The first leg of our journey is a dead end.....no outlet...it is over.

We pray for her and for the sweet baby boy she birthed. We prepare ourselves for the next leg in our journey.

Our letters are still going out through our Attorney and our Agency.

The waiting, the wondering...all begin again.

When will the next call come? The wait was not long....

to be continued...

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

Have I mentioned how much I am loving the fact that you are sharing this story?

Alix said...

My goodness I have just caught up with your other posts - what a journey you have been through and what strength you have shown. I'm so glad it bought you and your husband closer "We provide ourselves with another chink of cement for our marriage" - I love that line.
I love the picture you've used to start each post too.

Irene Latham said...

What's so great about this is I already know there's a happy ending. :) That way I can feel all sorts of compassion for K.. .because, can you imagine??? How heartbreaking it must have been for you and husband... but also I truly believe it is about finding "THE right one."

suchsimplepleasures said...

that stinks!!! i mean, i know that it works out perfectly, in the end but, i can't imagine how that must have felt, being told that there was about to be a baby needing you and then, psyche!!! what a terrible roller-coaster ride!

btw...we all have vile language in my house. it's really NOT a wonder that my son walking around saying naughty things!!!
have an awesome day...i'm tagging you with a meme...it's up on my blog...super easy one!!
i'm glad i had it, today because, i have major writers blockage...to the extreme!
xoxo

ChrisB said...

When I read the previous post I was worried that this was going to happen. It must have been awful to get that call even if you were sort of prepared.

suchsimplepleasures said...

ross is still home. he had a temperature still, last night!! he has a virus that is copy catting the flu...it sucks!!!
i'll give you an invite to the journey but, i haven't written anything since november. i was just getting tired of trying to explain to new people that, that was a story...not my real blog!!! i know that sounds ungrateful, that i had some people actually commenting but, that story is based upon my real life and, it's so far over with!!! i need to start writing more of it.
well, have fun at work. send me your email so i can send an invite to you!!!
cracked mirror is a work in progress, right now. getting my friend, alyssa, to sit and do anything for an extended period...it's impossible. i love her, she's like a sister but, she needs some serious add meds!! but, i've already told her that, a lot of good it did!!
xoxo

Beccy said...

I too thought that this was where yesterdays post was heading. Like Alix I love the line "We provide ourselves with another chink of cement for our marriage". I'm so glad you had a stong marriage to see you through your journey.

Jo Beaufoix said...

That must have been so hard. It's funny how you both thought this might happen. Perhaps in getting to know the mum a little you could tell she wouldn't be able to let him go. I can't imagine how it felt for you both.

Andrya said...

Oh thank GOD he's ok. Phew!! It's a little hard to relate to how you felt then when I know the outcome. It's like watching a movie you've already seen with someone who hasnever heard of it. I am sure it hurt a lot, but he wasn't Cassie, so I don't hurt. P. S. I love you! MWAH!