Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Heartfelt Thank You

Thank you everyone for your kind words and hugs on my previous post. They mean so much to us!! I spoke with the vet yesterday and because of Zack's other health issues, he has pancreatitis, we have decided not to give him anymore meds. One of the meds used to treat this cancer is prednisone and that would exasperate his pancreatitis. When he has a flare up of that he is violently ill. We want to spare him of that at all costs. We don't know how fast this cancer will progress....time will tell. We are going to keep him comfortable and enjoy every minute we have with him.

Zack has been an awesome dog and a wonderful companion. We will know when the time comes. We have done this before with our beloved Koni. She died 3 years ago at the age of 15. It is very hard and painful, but it is also peaceful because you know you are doing the right thing.

On another note....my son is home sick today so I am housebound and plan on writing the next and final installment in Our Adoption Journey....

Don't forget to enter my contest ... the winner will be drawn at random on Friday. There have been some wonderful acts of kindness performed this week!!

3 comments:

Debra said...

Alison,

I do hope your son is feeling better and that nobody else in your family catches whatever he has.

I will be keeping Zack in my prayers. He is very lucky to have you.

Hugs,
Debbie

Unknown said...

hope your son is feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about Zach. I've been through this so often with cats that I really, truly do feel your pain.

{{hugs}}