Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cub Scout Adventure



This is one of my favorite pictures of my children. It was taken about 2 years ago at one of my favorite places - Pt. Reyes National Seashore. This is one of my "Happy Places"....whenever I go there I feel very peaceful and spiritual. I love hiking in the redwoods, smelling the clean air, watching the butterflies, basically communing with nature....My "Crunchy" side comes out to play!! We went there today, and although I usually go there to find peace and spirituality....today was a bit different. Today we went there with Michael's cub scout den. I am talking about 6 - seven year old boys and their families..siblings included!! We had a blast!! Not much peace was found today...but a lot of laughter and learning was. We did a short .5 mile walk to the "authentic, recreated" Indian village and did the Junior Ranger program for the site. I did this program with my Girl Scout troop years ago and thought it would be fun for the boys. Since this month's theme is Indians...it kind of all fell into place!! The boys loved it, and the families did too. No one got hurt...nothing got broken...the village looked the same when we left as it did when we got there.....all in all a successful adventure!! The boys were able to go into a sweat lodge, a house, grind acorns, and learn many things about Native Californians. I am not sure how much they actually retained...but they loved the running and screaming parts the best....especially the screaming done in the sweat lodge...the acoustics were great in there, so I heard!!

No comments: