Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Perfect Valentine

Nine years ago at exactly 7:11 am we were given The Perfect Valentine. A seven pound, eleven ounce bundle of joy emerged from his warm cocoon into the arms of the beautiful woman who carried and nourished him for nine months. This selfless woman looked at him with love in her eyes and welcomed him into this world. She then looked at me with love in her eyes and said the following words as she placed him in my arms - "Here is your son".


Those four words said with love and sadness, hope and joy were music to my ears. That little bundle has grown into the handsome boy you see in the above picture. He makes us laugh, he pushes my every button, he has angered me beyond belief, he fills my heart to bursting with love. He gives the best hugs and will still fold himself into my lap for snuggles. His sweet little boy smell is more appealing to me than expensive perfumes. He is stubborn, strong willed, intelligent, funny, sweet, kind, lovable, meticulous, and handsome. His brilliant blue eyes have a sparkle in them that will light up a room.


He is my son, my Perfect Valentine. I am eternally grateful to Laura, his birth mother. Her selfless act, done with love and heaviness in her heart, fulfilled my dream of being a mother for the second time. I can never repay her, but I can raise him, our son, to the best of my ability. My hope for him is to grow up to be a responsible, kind, loving adult. That was her wish for him, that is how we will repay her.


Happy Birthday my Perfect Valentine.....Thank you Laura.

12 comments:

Jan said...

How about that. What a great Valentine.

Anonymous said...

Love You Mucho!! Thanks for giving me something to read. BTW we ended up going to a KOA in Willits (sp?) We pulled in @ 11:30 so not sure how it looks outside yet but they do have free wifi :) Dan is passed out but I have a stress headache and cant sleep yet. Anyway I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!! GOOD LASAGNE HONEY!! MUAH!

NINA T

ChrisB said...

That has to be the best Valentine present. I'm sure you had a wonderful day celebrating. That cake looks really yummy, did you make it?

Anonymous said...

The best Valentine's Day present ever. Lucky you!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful post, Alison.. I'm in tears!

I hope it was a wonderful Valentine's and Birthday in your wonderful home.

Unknown said...

You couldn't ever top that! Wonderful!

Pamela said...

and I enjoyed the story of how you came to be blessed with him so much.

Hugs to your nice smellin' little valentine. mmmmwah!

karisma said...

Happy Birthday Michael! And many kisses mum, glad to see you are alive! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Yes - he is the best Valentine's gift ever!!!

Heather said...

Happy (Late) Birthday Michael!

Anonymous said...

A great Valentine's Day gift. Happy Belated Birthday Michael.

Jan n Jer said...

What a perfect Valentine gift and a wonderful, precious son. Your blessings are many.