Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year


Happy New Year to all my bloggy friends. I have been blogging for just over a year now and I am still amazed at this whole blog world. I have met some incredible and talented people, I have learned so much about myself and the world, and I have even been lucky enough to meet 2 blog friends in real life!! It has been a wonderful year and I want to thank all of you for welcoming me into this virtual world with open arms. There were many times this year when your kind and thoughtful words helped me through hard times, many times when you laughed with me and at me, many times when you rejoiced with me over triumphs, many times when you helped me through tribulations. Thank you, my friends. Yes, blog friends are real friends.

We spent a quite evening at home last night and had our own cocktail party.


Cassie and I created quite a spread of appetizers that we had for dinner and munched on through the night.
We played games, watched movies, and stayed warm with a cozy fire.

We toasted in the New Year with our "cocktails" and enjoyed each others' company. It was a wonderful party, lots of laughter, lots of fun. I hope your night was peaceful and fun, and safe.

7 comments:

ChrisB said...

Alison That looks a lovely spread for a quiet night at home!
Hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you and your family. Chris

storyteller said...

Who could ask for more ... a cozy fire and lovely treats at home with family? Seems like a perfect evening to me. Happy New Year to you and Yours! I'm glad to have encountered you in this virtual world.
Hugs and blessings,

Tera said...

Sounds perfect...sounds just like ours! Glad you all enjoyed entering into yet another year in the book of life. May it be a good one.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
That food looks amazing, glad you had a good night.
It was lovely to meet you, both in the blog world and in person, this year!

Heather said...

What a great idea! It looks like it was a lot of fun! My son asked if next year (when he turns 10) he could stay up until midnight! I said, "of course!" Little did he know we would have let him stay up this year! We figured this will be opur last year of ringing in the new year alone for quite some time, so the kids all went to bed before midnight. I love your idea of appetizers for dinner and snacking. Looks like our Super Bowl Sunday spread!

Unknown said...

Looks like a great way to celebrate in the new year!

Mamarazzi said...

looks like so much fun!!